I’m not done trimming all my HSTs for the Leader & Ender quilt, but I’m getting close. I have finally run out of fabric to make them. I was worried that I was going to have to move this one from L&E and into the regular rotation, but I was happy to discover it can stay an L&E for a little while longer.
Since all the HSTs are random, the resulting pinwheels are too. So I every time I need an L&E I can just grab a couple non-matching HSTs and sew them together. And when I have a pile of them, I can assemble them into crazy pinwheels.
Once all the pinwheels are done, it will finally become a regular rotation quilt, because I’m going to do my best to make sure no two fabrics are side-by-side. But I’ve got a while before that happens.
Here’s where all my projects stand.
- Autumn a-whirl: I found a great deal on a huge batik chunk, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Soon I’ll put the border on and this one will move to the to-quilt pile.
- Marseilles Stars: Slow going, but I love it. I’m going to try to do two stars a week, but we’ll have to see how that goes.
- A quilt for Ty: This one is a commission and it’s in a holding pattern until we can get out and get more fabric for it. Probably not until after the holidays
- Grey swan princess: I still haven’t named this one. It’s half done and I’m already thinking about backing. I have enough grey fabric, but I think I’d like to find a nice flannel backing if I can.
- Leader and Ender HSTs: All the HSTs are done, and now we’re assembling crazy pinwheels!