With Ethan’s socks off the needles, I needed something new on. I needed a change from socks, but I didn’t want anything big and complicated either, so I decided to tackle the pile of dishcloths I wanted to make for Dave’s Grandma for Christmas.
I’ve long admired the round dishcloths I’ve seen several of you make so I hunted Ravelry for a pattern and came up with the Almost Lost pattern.
The pattern could have been written a little bit better, but it was easy enough to figure out. It was even easier to memorize. Both of these were knit in Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (colours are Psychedelic and Candy Sprinkles).
I’ve mentioned before that cotton is not my favourite thing to knit with, but the small size of these meant it wasn’t too terrible.
Once they were complete, I dived into making couple more.
This time with Red Heart Scrubby (colours are Tropical and Capri). It’s a yarn I’ve wanted to try for a while. And while I’m glad I did, it’s not something I’ll knit with often. It’s like knitting with an eyelash yarn, but a very sratchy, stiff one. Not fun. But I think they will make excellent scrubby cloths!
I’ll probably add a few more cloths to the pile before Christmas, but for now I’m moving on to something else. Stay tuned