While I have completed a couple quilts, it doesn’t feel like I’ve done much sewing for the past few weeks. I didn’t get into the studio at all over vacation, and the first week was busy, as it usually is after a week away.
Still, I managed to carve out an afternoon to finish the last few blocks for Time to Sew.
The finished top will have sashing and cornerstones between the blocks, but this was the only way I could get all the blocks to fit on the design bed. Mom’s already got her top together, so I’ve got to get cutting so I can catch up.
As I was finishing those up, I also finished the last of the Leader & Ender Nine Patches.
They will also have sashing, but I wanted to see them all together. I just love a good rainbow! Now that the blocks are completed, it moves from L&E rotation to regular rotation. It also needs a name… any suggestions?
It also means that I have to find a new L&E project. I still have a lot of 2.5 inch squares left, so I’m going to do another style of nine patch (and not colour coordinated), but I need to cut some white 2.5 inch squares before I start on it.
In fact… all my QotGs are at a cutting stage:
- Time to Sew – Need to cut sashing and cornerstones
- Happy Camper – You haven’t seen this one yet, because I’m still cutting pieces for it. But I will unveil it soon.
- Honey Patch – This too needs sashing and cornerstones cut.
- Scrappy rainbow nine patch – MORE sashing to be cut.
- Leader and Ender quilt – I’ve got about eleventy billion 2.5 inch squares to cut. Luckily, I don’t have to do them all at once.