Back in December, neighbour Krista asked me if I could donate a quilt to a silent auction. She volunteers at a local volunteer-run aviary.
Unfortunately, my stock had been bought up by then, and I was focused on my Christmas list. I promised her that come spring, I’d make something special that they could raffle off to raise some money. I had the perfect idea.
Well, Saturday saw the first day of spring, so it was time to get moving on it. I pulled together a rainbow of batiks, and got cutting.
I only got one bird done (I’d worked on the Jane Austen quilt first), but I’m quite pleased with the result. And I think Burton is too!
The pattern for the block is from Sew Fresh Quilts. She’s got a lot of amazing quilt patterns. This is the first one I’ve bought, and I found it quite easy to follow.
I love working with the batiks, so I have a feeling the rest of those birds are just going to fly out of the sewing machine!