Like knitting, one of the things I love about quilting is that you’re able to use up nearly every bit of your materials, and if you’re careful, and conscious, there’s very little waste.
After I finished up the Jane Austen quilt, I had some strips left from the star border. Since they were already sewn together, I decided to chop them up into 2.5 inch pieces.
They were just perfect for the centre strip on a nine patch.
Then I gathered a few more leftovers and before you know it…
… 28 perfect little scrappy nine patches.
These nine patches will be paired with some friendship stars (still to be made), and all surround a big, beautiful flower medallion. What flower medallion, you ask… this one!
Oh Burton! You’re big and beautiful too – but we want to see that flower!
That’s better. Now, Burton and I need to go make some stars!