… or possibly nightmare.
On the last day of my Christmas vacation, I threw my back out. (I stubbornly insisted on putting the new car jack I’d bought Dave in the truck by myself). I should have spent the day chewing pain killers and chilling on the couch, but I really wanted to do some sewing.
I had collected some fun unicorn fabric, and had planned on making a disappearing nine patch with it. I had just enough of it to make a baby-sized quilt with it. But when I was cutting, I messed up my cuts. I wasn’t going to get enough squares for the pattern now. Sigh.
I decided to switch gears and decided I could make do with my favoured 8.5″ saw-toothed star. Everything seemed to go ok…. at first. I fussy cut the rest of the unicorn fabric for some centers, then I started doing eight-at-a-time HSTs for the star points.
It wasn’t until I started cutting those HSTs apart, that I realized I should have done geese for the star points. It’s not the end of the world, but it saves on time and makes a more accurate block (less seams). I didn’t have enough of the star point fabric to start over with geese, so I just had to deal with it.
Obviously, the back pain was interfering with my brain processes. I put together one star and called it a day
At least they are cute. It’s going to be one adorable quilt… but I’ll save it for a day with less brain fog!