I did as I said I would and went back to the drawing board with the Burlington sock. I changed my stitches up to some beefier patterns and it’s looking so much better.
I’m using some nice smooth House Cat in Turquoise for this pair. If it looks a little familiar, it’s because I used it to make a coworker a shawl last year. Before I picked a pattern, I’d dyed up two skeins. So after the shawl was finished, I still had a full skein left. And it’s just perfect for a textured pattern like this.
Ideally, I’d like to finish the first sock by the end of Sunday. It’s doable.. other than a day spent in the garden at some point, I don’t have any other commitments on my time for the rest of vacation.
And only the leg will have patterning. The foot will be plain, so once I round the heel, I should breeze through it!