It’s been a week of quilty things, but as promised, I’ve come up with a new Leader and Ender project. Actually I’ve had this one in mind for a while – Mom is making one, and when I saw her first few squares, I was absolutely smitten.
The end result will look something like this
For weeks I’ve been cutting my scraps into 2.5 inch squares and organizing them by colour.
My layout will probably be more like my Cabins on Rainbow Creek, keeping all the colours together, but I’ll decided that when I have more blocks made. I want it to be a good sized quilt, so it’s going to take a while – with 2.5 inch squares, the blocks are only about 6 inches or so finished.
Here’s a look where all my quilt projects are at:
- Marseilles Stars: Stars are all pieced – I need to cut some plain white fabric and piece the top together. Then hunt up a border
- Purrfect Petals: I’m putting all the flowers together and loving it. This one will probably be finished soon.
- Cat Fancy: Taking this one one step at a time… so far so good.
- Go, Daddio: Sewing all those crazy pinwheels into a crazy mess – this top will be wrapped up quickly
- Leader & Ender Rainbow Nine Patches: So far, one patch done, eleventy billion more to make!