I mentioned earlier that the sashing fabric had finally come in for Dave’s Christmas quilt.
Isn’t it beautiful? But to really do it justice, I had to do some precise fussy cutting, which wasn’t much fun…
…but it was worth the effort. It’s not perfect (there’s a little more background on one side than the other), but I’m far from a perfectionist so it’s just fine in my books.
Once I got all the sashing done, I decided the quilt needed at least one border. Luckily Lens carries most of the fabric line, and is just around the corner.
So I got a couple yards of the lovely mottled orange and added 6 inches to each side, and 4 inches to top and bottom.
And that gives me a completed top! Since Dave and I don’t share blankets, it didn’t need to be super wide (it just hangs over each side of our Queen-sized bed), but it did need to be long. I think it’s about 90″. That man of mine is a tall one, and he keeps complaining that none of the quilts I’ve made are long enough.
This should keep him quiet!