With Night Sky done and dusted, I had an empty project box. I could have started something new, but I’m not quite sure what I want to start yet.
Well…. I have the fabric picked out, but I’m still deciding on a pattern. So until that decision is made, I turned my attention to Royal Stars. It’s been pretty neglected, because the other projects (Meow-lky Way, and Pin and Paws) were just more fun to work on.
I only did two (I make them two at a time because the centre four patch is the same). And despite how easy they are to put together, the actually take a fair bit of time. (About an hour and a half for the pair). I think that’s mostly the trimming of the HSTs for the star points
In retrospect, I probably should have done them with geese. But geese are still a new thing for me and honestly, I didn’t even think about it. It would probably mean a little more prepping up front, but putting the actual block together would probably go quicker.
Something to try next time. (Because we both know I’ll be making more star blocks!)