It took me four tries (and a lot of ripping) but I’ve made it through the first front on the barnyard sweater.
I don’t know why it was so difficult for me. But it did. But I persevered and the right front has been conquered.
Admittedly, it looks really weird. That large wedge of garter is a shawl collar that will roll back when the cardigan is worn. At least in theory.
But, this does look similar to the schematic in the pattern, so it should all work out.
In the mean time, I’ve got the back stitches picked up and I’m working away on that. It’s just plain rows with a little decreasing, so there shouldn’t be any ripping.
At least… in theory…
Of course, I have to get the darn thing back from Burton, first….