November is already half over (how the heck did that happen) so I’m really motivated to get boogieing on the three quilts I want done for Christmas.
The first up is the celtic star quilt.
It took a whole afternoon, but all those stars came together beautifully. The secondary patterns look great, just as I hoped.
And I’m especially thrilled that I managed to keep those cornerstones all going the same way. (The fabric is directional).
I had just enough of this orange granite fabric to give it a nice wide border. At 64″ x 82″, it’s the largest of the three quilts I am trying to finish by Christmas.
I decided to splurge, and got one of the gradient backings that goes with this fabric line.
Now this one is in the to-quilt pile, and ready for the next trip to Mom’s. Onto the next!