You know what they say.. .man plans, God laughs.
Looking back to last January, I’d say I accomplished about 50% of the things I’d hoped to.
- We didn’t finish the living room/studio as we wanted, but that involved putting in new windows. EVERY window in the house needs to be replaced, so I want to do it all at once (for time/savings/etc.) We didn’t have the money in 2022, but we have it set aside now, so come spring 2023, that will be put into motion. Ideally we will also start renovating the upstairs, but we’ll see how far we can get after the windows are done.
- I accomplished all I wanted to last year with the gardens, and then some. This year, I want to put in the veg beds, and move the fence by the maple and create my “woodland” garden at the side of the house.
- We got the sun porch leveled and repainted on the outside. As soon as it’s warm enough, I’ll be painting the inside.
- Dave didn’t do much with the garage other than add some much needed storage. If there’s any money left after getting windows, we will look into getting new doors, as they are in pretty rough shape.
- We did explore the area quite a bit, though mostly by car. One of these days I’m going to get Dave out hiking!
- Financially, I didn’t managed to pay my credit cards off, but I almost did! If I can keep from going crazy with the spending, I should be able to do that by June. To that respect… both Mom and I have agreed to a No-Spenduary. You’ve heard it here before – no spending on anything but the essentials! I did several big fabric orders, and a Knit Picks order in December, and the garden stuff doesn’t start hitting the stores for a couple months, so it shouldn’t be too hard… in theory, lol.
- I didn’t craft as much as I wanted to, so I’d like to spend more time doing that this year. There’s definitely lots to keep me going!
As always, I just hope for health and happiness and time to do the things I love. May 2023 bring you all you wish!
7 thoughts on “New year, new plan”
I like to plan, too, but have learned to roll with the second pic as it comes! lol
The new windows is a huge expense but so worth it–we did it here the second year and it makes a big difference in the warm and the cold weather!
I think I gave up planning when I retired. It’s easier to get out of those potholes when you really don’t mind if you don’t…lol.
Happy New Year!
Happy ‘Mew’ Year!
Reality can look like a hurricane, wiping out one’s goal path, but if anything, we all are resilient.
Happy New Year! I think you had a very productive 2022 and hope you achieve your goals in 2023.
Some times we just hold on for the ride!! In the end I think you had a very full year, and going into 2023 you are set to continue to build on your skills and talents! Best of wishes to you and Dave and your adorable crew!! Happy New Year.
You had a bunch of amazing accomplishments Val. You and Dave did so much around the house and outside too. Life never runs smoothly. I discovered that years ago. I’m 62 and I don’t remember a planned year that went as I thought it would. Even our wedding didn’t go as planned! Ha!
I’m looking forward to seeing what happens in your world this year. You’re such a go-getter that I know it will be a lot. Maybe even another little adopted pet. 🙂
Blessings and hugs,
Wishing you a very, VERY good 2023.
I’d like to think I’d do a No-Spenduary, but you know how it goes. I see something. I buy something.