One of the things I wanted to do before the old year was out, was clear a few quilting projects off my plate so I could start fresh in the new year.
First up was the Little Wishes quilt. Little Wishes started life as a Leader/Ender project, making scrappy nine-patches from 2.5 inch scraps. Last you saw it, I’d created all the geese I needed, but still needed to trim them up.
There were a lot of them – 116 to be exact – but I managed it with a little help from my friend.
After that, ever the hard worker, he helped me sew all the geese and nine patches into star blocks.
There was 30 in total and at 12″ each, that totals a sizable quilt. But I wanted it a little bit bigger. So the next day, I set to work on making corner star sashing. It took all day, but by the evening, I had the top complete.
Each one of those corner stars is unique – with a scrap pulled from my 3.5″ scrap bin. And it made the quilt nice and big – 78″ x 93″.
Anyway you look at it, Burton say “It’s a win!”