First… quick fair update – Octopus and Cardigan were safe and sound on item pick up. Phew! And as an added bonus – Octopus won first place!
Now.. back to business!
QotG = Quilts on the Go
As I’ve mentioned before… I have five boxes that hold my QotGs in their various stages of completion. The idea is that if the boxes are full, I can’t start any more projects.
I’ve been told by many quilters that Leader and Ender projects don’t really count… but they still need a box… and eventually they stop being L&E projects and you have to start assembling them into an actual top (and then you also need a NEW L&E project). Which is, I’m afraid… what’s happened to me.
I already showed you Dave’s Grandma’s quilt last week…. and now the nine patches are all done…
They are quite large, so they will get some simple sashing and a plain border (I’m thiking light blue for both). I’m calling this one Scrappage Patch.
And as for that new L&E project…. I’ve still got lots of 4″ blocks left from the first two L&E projects, so I figured why not make a bunch of HSTs, and put together something like Araignee’s Thangles quilt. It looks fun and crazy and scrappy… just perfect for L&Es.
But now that means I have SEVEN project boxes!!!
The boxes contain:
- Disappearing hourglasses: This project still doesn’t have a proper name (any suggestions). The blocks are all done, it just needs a free weekend to assemble the top
- Autumn in the Country: Still awaiting borders – This quilt is for the living room (and we already have two), so it’s not a huge priority
- Scrappy cabins: Getting closer to being finished… need to finish the last of the green and purple blocks.
- Follow the Leader: As shown last week, the blocks are all done. I’ve been assembling them into nine patches, one row at a time, so this top should be together soon
- Scrappage Patch. As mentioned above, the nine patches are all done. Just need to get some sashing fabric, and assemble the top.
- Kitty in the Sky with Diamonds: Four patches are done. Need a free weekend to assemble the top.
- Leader and Ender project (Many HSTs): Just started… got a long way to go on this one.
Gee… I really need finish a couple tops…. STAT!