I only had 10 squares left on the Log Cabin quilt. I had an afternoon free, and it was pouring rain – it seemed like the perfect time to bang them out…
And bang them out I did! I still have to sew them all together to finish the top, but that will have to wait for another free afternoon. Once again, I’m so pleased with how these came together. I’ve always loved the log cabin block, and I love this rainbow layout.
Despite all the scraps I used up in the quilt, I still have a substantial pile of 2.5 strips and squares, so there will be another scrappy quilt in my future. I’m thinking something like this one. But for now it will have to wait – I’ve still got my five project boxes full:
- Autumn in the Country: Craftsy was having a good sale, so I sucked it up and bought some coordinating yardage for this one. I’ll finish off the top in a weekend or so.
- Cabins at Rainbow Camp: As noted above, I just need to trim and assemble the blocks into the top. I’ll have to scrounge up a backing for this one, but there’s no rush.
- Scrappage Patch. Still awaiting sashing fabric. I just haven’t got out to the fabric store yet.
- Kitty in the Sky with Diamonds: Four patches are done. Awaiting a free weekend to assemble the top.
- Leader and Ender project (Many HSTs): The HSTs are piling up. I need to get trimming and squaring the ones I’ve done so far, so I don’t have to do the whole lot at once. I’m not sure exactly how many I’ll make. I’ve still got quite a few 4″ squares for sewing them, so I probably won’t be stopping any time soon.