Here we are, almost half way through the week, and I’ve decided to take a step back…
You may recall that I boasted about possibly being able to finish the Empire Line Cardigan by the end of my vacation.
It seemed totally doable last Thursday, but here we are at Tuesday, and… well.. I grossly over estimated the time I would have to work on it this week.
Saturday, Relic had a vet visit in the morning, and I spent the rest of the day sewing with Mom. Sunday, I was out on an adventure with Wren and her Mom. Monday was Thanksgiving – Dave and I spent it at home, but a good chunk of the day was taken up with cleaning and doing all the things I didn’t get done on the weekend. And today, I have company.
Now, all that aside, I did manage to get about four repeats done on the last sleeve around all those events… but last night I noticed I’d made some huge, obvious errors, so all that work got ripped out.
I managed to get about a third of it redone, but it was still a pretty big set back.
Now… I could still finish that last sleeve this week if I really focus on it. But you may remember that I’ve got another knitting project with a bit of a deadline… The last pair of On the GO socks.
If I want to release the e-book this year, I need to get the last pair done by the end of October. With my other committments (work, class, sleep, etc) it realistically takes me about two weeks to finish a pair of socks. And while we’re not quite at the middle of the month, we’re getting close. Every minute I spend on the cardigan, is a minute closer to not getting the e-book out this year.
And to top it all off…
I have to go back to the drawing board with my planned design. It was suppose to be a Guernsey-like pattern… but what I’ve charted out is just to small and it’s not showing up as well as I would like. So all this is getting ripped out, and I have to go spend so time with my design program.
I’m afraid finishing poor Empire is just going to have to wait a week or two…