I love it when a top comes together!
It was grey and gloomy this weekend, so I put it to good use. I finished binding a quilt (you’ll see if on Thursday), I did a little knitting, and I finished the Kitty in the Sky with Diamonds top.
I have enough black for the binding, I just need to get some backing fabric. But there’s no rush. Samantha has closed up the trailer for the season, so I can keep looking for the perfect backing. Mom’s got a long list of tops to quilt, so I should probably let her catch up too.
But with this top off my WIP list, and technically onto Mom’s, that means I’ve got the QotGs back under control:
- Autumn in the Country: I’ve got all the fabric I need to finish this up. If the week is quiet, I’ll probably get this one out of the way.
- Cabins at Rainbow Camp: If I get lucky, and get more than one quiet day this week – I’ll finish this one too. The squares just need to be trimmed and assembled.
- Scrappage Patch. I got a pretty light sky blue for the sashing, so this top won’t be a WIP for long wither
- Dissapearing nine patch batiks: This one still needs a name. And all those nine patches need to be chopped up so they can disappear and be sewn back together.
- Leader and Ender project (Many HSTs): The HST pile is growing. I’m trying to trim as I go, so these don’t get too out of hand.
Wow… looks like I could have a few tops done soon… and that means I get to start new quilts!