- My feet are filthy, there’s dirt under my nails, I’m a little bit sunburnt, but I am absolutely in my element. Garden season is here and I’m lovin’ it.
I’m still in the midst of working in the gardens, but here’s what I’ve accomplished so far:
- Back gardens edged and filled in.
- Winter sow seedlings planted
- Perennials split and moved/shared with friends
- Herb seeds planted
- Summer bulbs planted (Glads, Calas and Canas)
- Hanging pots planted
- Patio furniture rearranged
I also got my antique birdcage planted:
It’s a mix of Scotch moss, Creeping Thyme, Hens and Chicks, and another plant I can’t remember the name of. The Thyme will have tiny pink/purple flowers eventually.
I found these super cute stepping stones at Dollarama for just $3 each
I bought two of each: Turtle, bunny and frog. They were a third of the price of the ones I was looking at at Home Depot. And three-times as cute!
I also planted two new rose bushes down the side of the house
White Lightning was the very first rose I bought when I moved here. Sadly, she didn’t survive her first winter. But she smelled amazing and I’ve been looking for another ever since.. And Honey Perfume just had to come too – not only because of the colour, but because of that fabulous name! She must smell wonderful!
More pics of all the beautiful blooms will come soon!