I finally found a new Leader and Ender project…. sort of.
After I finished the top for the Time to Sew quilt, I was left with several 2″ sashing strips in off white, as well as a decent sized chunk of the fabric.
I rarely work with pieces smaller than 2.5″, but I didn’t want to waste those strips. So I cut them in 2″ squares, and started collecting 2″ squares from my other leftovers.
Scrappy four patches make great L&E blocks because they are just so mindless.
My original plan was to put them in a Jacob’s ladder layout… something like this:
Though not that big… I did something similar in my Follow the Leader quilt, and I love it!
But then I was over on Mangofeet’s blog… if you follow her, you know she makes the most AMAZING quilts. One of the blocks she’s been making is the Sand Castle…
And they are just so cool too? And now I can’t decide what all my little four patches should become when they are done. What do you think?
While we’re deciding, here’s where all my other projects are at:
- Celtic Dreams – Four blocks down, two to go! (More on that soon)
- Garden Trellis – This was the old L&E project. I have to cut the white squares and get this top together.
- Pinkerville quilt – This one doesn’t have a proper name yet, but I’ve made a few blocks and I love them!
- Unbe-Leaf-able – Those leaves are falling fast. I hope to finish this top soon!
- Leader and Ender quilt – As you see above!