All the HSTs for the Leader & Ender quilt have been made. After it all, I ended up with 256, which will give me a quilt that 64 inches before borders. That’s not to shabby if I do say so myself.
That also means that it’s now gone from L&E quilt into the regular rotation.
And that I needed a new L&E project. I had just the thing. It involved cutting up some leftover white-on-white pieces into five inch squares. And gathering a pile of 2.5 scraps.
But that’s done, and now I’m ready to rock. Or snowball…
That’s right… simply snowball opposite corners. Then place those two blocks together like so…
And repeat many, many times… and you get a quilt top that looks something like this:
Mom shared that pic with me the other week after if popped up in her facebook feed. I immediately knew it was going to be my next L&E quilt. I only have enough of the white fabric for a baby blanket. But that’s ok. It will keep me going for a while anyway.
Here’s where my other projects are at:
- Cluckin’ Eh! – Sewing those adorable chicks
- Spinwheels – Sewing pinwheels still
- Around the World in 256 Days – getting ready to sew all those HSTs together.
- Shave and a Haircut – Blocks done, ready for sashing
- Homecoming quilt – Waiting for round 6!
- L&E quilt – As you see above