I’m afraid I lost the game of yarn chicken with Dad’s socks. And not just by a little. I lost with about four inches to go on the last sock. Since I didn’t have another matching skein, I had to resort to drastic measures.
I undid the kitchener stitch on the first sock and ravelled back the toe.
I attached the yarn to the second sock (leaving the first sock off the needles) and I carefully unravelled the first sock as I knit some more inches on second sock with its yarn. Once I had them to a point where they were even, I cut the yarn, and put the first sock back on the needles
Then I got a contrasting (Some dark brown tweedy Regia) and finished off the toe on each sock.
And that’s another present done, dusted, and off the to-do list!
The pattern is Studmaster. It’s not a freebie, but at just $2, it’s worth the price of admission. I think it’s the first pair of socks I’ve knit that’s only patterned on the front, not the back. It helps the sock go that much quicker! This pair took about two weeks of non-steady knitting.
With these done, it’s time to check out what remains on the list and go stash diving! Stay tuned!