Last week I showed you my little dragonfly. All I had left to do was the outline. I used to dread doing the outlining. I’m not sure why. I think it’s because I have a very short attention span. By the time I’d get to the outline stage, I was already bored with the project!
For this one, I decided to start with the frame outline, because it was simpler.
And it went pretty well. The outline of the dragonfly took a little more time…
But that wasn’t too bad. And it really does make a difference to the final project. In cross stitch, outlining is rarely a step you can skip!
And now it’s framed and ready to join its butterfly mate on Mom’s bathroom wall!
And I’ve got some blue aida cloth on order, so I can start my next tiny needle project!
P.S. … after a little digging, I discovered that it was me (not Mom) who started this project. Way back in 2009!!!!