Playing in the garden is still weeks off, but it was finally time to start my seeds indoors!!!!! Two Sundays ago, I got to it!
I might have bought waaaaay more seeds than I can start inside, but that’s okay. All of this is a little bit of an experiment, so if this fails, or doesn’t go well, I can start some other stuff outside when the weather is warmer.
This is my first time using little peat discs. They are very neat, just add water and they puff right up.
I had 180 little discs, so I split them into groups of 12, and planted two types of Columbine, Beard Tongue, Oriental Poppies, Shasta Daisies, Cupid’s Dart, Blanket Flower, Astilbe, Lupin, Sweet William, Black Eyed Susans, Malva, Penstamon, Delphinium, and Potentilla.
Everything was placed in my little DIY grow station.
And by the following Thursday…
I already had sprouts on three of the trays! (Black-Eyed Susans, Lupin, and Malva).
And then another week later…
Almost everything is sprouted! The only thing that hasn’t is a tray of seeds I took from plants I had at the townhouse. I’ll give them a little more time, but I’m so pleased with the progress already.