It’s been driving me crazy, but I haven’t been able to get in the sewing studio for almost two weeks. On Saturday, after running errands with Dave, I told him on Sunday he was to leave me alone. I was going to spend the whole day sewing.
And I did.
I got several things done. I’ll share one today, and the rest I’ll space out in other posts. Who knows when I’ll be able to get back into the studio.
First up was catching up on the Sewcialites quilt-a-long
Yeah… I went and joined another one. Well, I should say Burton joined… because it was one of his facebook friends that encourage us to do so.
The quilt-a-long is only three blocks in so far, but we were already two blocks behind.
We are using a fat quarter bundle called Catmosphere, with a few things from the stash added in. The block on the left was a little fiddly and time consuming, but the one on the right went together easy peasy.
Here it is with the first block in the quilt-a-long. And as you can see, Burton has a little apprentice. Lemmy is getting along swimmingly with Burton now, and he was thrilled to join in on the sewing session.
Friday we will get another block… and hopefully we won’t have to wait another two weeks to make it.