Despite the weekend troubles, it’s been a productive week. The Dora cardigan is finished.
Once I got the sleeves joined to the body and started on the decreases, this little thing flew.
While the pattern is decent, were I to make it again, I’d change a few things. I’d knit the sleeves in the round – then there’s just a tiny armpit hole to seam, instead of the whole sleeve too. I’d also make the button bands two stitches wider. It doesn’t seem like much, but I think it would make them lie a little flatter, and would be a little better for the size of the button.
Speaking of those buttons – I used these little vintage crystal ones from my stash. They have just a hint of blue, which is a nice little nod to the blueberry tones in the yarn.
I love the lace pattern in the bottom – it creates a pretty little scallop, and once you get going, it’s easy to work (only four row repeat, two of which are all purl).
All in all it was a nice little knit. And while that vintage leaf/lace baby cardi may still take first prize at the fair… I think this one is good for a solid second!