Another top quilted!
This one has been hanging about since the beginning of January, so it’s nice to finally have it off the to-do list.
It was made from about 2.5 batik charm packs, with a nice thick batik border. The nine-patches, before I cut them up, were put together at random. Once you cut them, and rearrange, it gives a totally crazy, swirl of colour and pattern.
Even though this one was so busy, I got a little fancy with the quilting….
…adding a few heart shaped-leaves with my standard loops. I used a warm, gold coloured thread that went well with every fabric in the quilt.
The binding was just more of the border batik – I had a big chunk of it, so I figured why go searching for something else. The back was another clearance bin find. I was tempted to put a batik on the back, but batiks are quite spendy compared to other fabrics. And the clearance fabric was only $4 a yard… it’s hard to pass that up.
It’s not a big quilt – about 52″ x 64″.
… but folded up, it makes a nice little cover for the blanket box at the end of the bed. And it’s handy for those chilly nights when I need an extra layer.
And now, the pile of unquilted tops is down to two! I’m hoping to knock out another one this week.