If you’ve been keeping track, you’ll know that I had a quilting project box empty. It’s just not right to have it sitting there, unloved, so….
I dug deep in the stash and came up with a Jelly Roll (2.5″ strips for you non-quilters) of Animal Quakers – a fun, 30s style group of prints.
Then I went fishing for the perfect pattern. It didn’t take long. These jellly roll hearts are just too cute. I’m not making a table runner, but expanding the pattern into a baby blanket with nine hearts.
Once everything is cut – they go together quite quick. In fact, in less than an hour, I had three done already.
Aren’t they just so sweet? I stopped at three for the day, because I’ve been pushing myself a little with my sewing sessions, and I’m starting to pay the price with increased back issues again. But don’t worry, the other six will be done soon enough!
Here’s where everything else is at
- Celtic Dreams – All blocks are done. I’m just waiting on my backing and sashing fabric which should arrive any day now
- Pinkerville quilt – This one still doesn’t have a proper name yet, but I’m still making gorgeous blocks.
- Unbe-Leaf-able – Leaves are done, just have to assemble the top.
- Heart-shaped quackers – Three hearts complete
- Leader and Ender quilt – Those geese are gaggling fast! But I plan to make lots and lots and lots!
And before I sign off, I leave you with these excessivley charming piggies from the jelly roll.
Aren’t they just too cute?