As mentioned yesterday, I carved out some time to do some sewing on the weekend, and l am happy to say I was able get the top of the Bumbleberry Sampler together.
Nothing fancy – just some thin white sashing. You may recall that Mom did some beautiful geese in her outside border. Sadly, I did not. As pretty as it is, I didn’t have enough fabric leftover from the blocks. But even if I did, I probably still wouldn’t have made the geese. I was ready for this one to be done.
Instead, I opted for a pretty, but plain, ditsy floral border from the stash.
The blocks are 12 inchers, so just 20 of them add up to a nice sized quilt – about 66 x 80 inches). I’ve got a nice chunk of pink for the back, and this black floral (which is in some of the blocks) for the binding.
But don’t expect to see an FO post on this one anytime soon. I’m not doing to quilting. It’s going into Mom’s queue, so she can do some fancy footwork on it. Not only does it take more time than the loops and meanders that I do, she’s already got a couple quilts to finish before this one.
It will be worth the wait!