While there hasn’t been a whole tonne of sewing lately (pot painting taking up more of my time), there is still sewing.
It was time to turn my attention back to a bit of a neglected project… the Bramble Patch quilt.
I started it back in mid-May, but ran afoul when I didn’t have enough prints to do what I wanted. This is how it looked then..
I needed to swap out those white prints for something off white. I had a few potentials from Mom’s stash, but they weren’t quite right. Every time I went to a fabric store, I looked, but nothing was jiving.
And the more and more I thought about it, the more I just wasn’t loving the layout anyway. It was just too busy, and not quite what I had in my head when I first started.
It needed a rethink.
My first thought was to use some of the red leftover from the back of Royal Stars. I did an audition. It was better, but not quite what I was going for. Then I thought about the lefotvers from the back of Home Is Where The Heart Is…
And as you can see, it was a perfect compliment to the tone-on-tone flowers I used in the four patches.
Add a little sashing, a few cornerstones…
And voila! A completed top for a baby quilt! And one I am VERY happy with. Just as with knitting, sometimes you have to listen to the fabric. It knows what it wants to be!
And as for the leftovers from Royals Stars… I Frankenstein-ed them together and they are just enough for the back of this one.
And one of the pieces I snagged from Mom’s stash (top) is perfect for the binding!